Bowling Green Center
The eastern US Sawan Kirpal Meditation Center is located in the rolling countryside near the quaint
village of Bowling Green, VA (70 miles south of Washington, DC and 30 miles north of Richmond, VA). The land, consisting of
40 acres of quiet sloping expanse, is filled with native Virginia hardwoods, flowering gardens and several fruit trees. The
beautiful setting combined with a loving effort to maintain a pure and sublime atmosphere, provides people from all walks
of life an opportunity to pray and meditate.
The center offers meditation each Sunday at 11:00am followed by a program at 12:00pm.
For more information, contact the Sawan Kirpal Meditation Center, 19384 Smoots Rd., Bowling Green,
VA 22427, or call (804) 633-5789.
From the North or West:
- Follow I-95 south to the Massaponax exit (Rt 17 & 1)
- Turn right on Rt 1. Go 1/2 mile to Rt. 17 (at a light)
- Turn left on Rt 17 and go 6 miles to the light (Rt. 2)
- Turn right on Rt 2
- Follow Rt 2 into Bowling Green (about 14 miles) to the second stop light (Center of town)
- Turn left at the second stoplight (Chase St)
- Continue on Chase St for 2 miles. At the stop sign, turn left onto Smoots Rd.
- The meditation center will be on your right
From the South or East:
- On I-95 north of Richmond, Virginia, continue traveling north on I-95 for about 30 miles north
- Exit at the Rt. 207 exit and travel east towards Bowling Green.
- Go about 11 miles; Rt. 207 turns into Rt. 301 at Bowling Green.
- Continue on Rt. 301 for ½ mile and turn right on Chase St (Rt. 619).
- Go 2 miles on Chase St until the stop sign.
- Turn left at the stop sign and the center is immediately on your right.